Directions to Four Winds
Four Winds is located at Ocean Song on 360 acres in the coastal hills above Bodega Bay.
Our visitors' entrance is approximately 20 miles from Santa Rosa and 35 miles from Petaluma. We are located 5.3 miles west of Occidental, at 19100 Coleman Valley Road.
Directions from the San Francisco Area:
Ocean Song is 70 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge or North Berkeley.
Allow 90 minutes minimum driving time and extra time for traffic.
- Exit 101-North at East Washington St, Central Petaluma
- Turn LEFT on Washington St. and continue through Petaluma for 18-20 miles to Valley Ford.
- At 0.5 mile past Valley Ford turn RIGHT onto Valley Ford-Freestone Rd. The sign says to Occidental.
- Continue until road ends and turn RIGHT onto Bodega Highway.
- At 1.5 miles, enter the left turn lane and turn LEFT onto Bohemian Highway at Freestone.
- Continue on Bohemian Highway 4 miles to Occidental.
- At the STOP sign in Occidental, turn LEFT onto Coleman Valley Rd.
- Look at your odometer and measure 5.3 miles to Ocean Song.
- NOTE: About 2 miles past Occidental, make a SHARP RIGHT turn and continue along Coleman Valley Rd. (DO NOT go straight onto Joy Rd).
- Continue on Coleman Valley Rd., past any addresses with numbers out of order, and as you come onto the very top of the ridge, turn LEFT at Ocean Song, 19100 Coleman Valley Rd.
- Drive down the gravel road 0.3 mile and park in the designated area by the barn.
Click on image for a printable PDF of the map and directions.
Please provide your drivers with this map.
Online map services will not work.
You will lose signal, which will significantly increase
your travel time and distance.
Alternate route: Alternate route: There is an alternate route taking 116 WEST off of Hwy. 101 North at Cotati, going through Sebastopol and turning LEFT onto Occidental Road from 116 and taking that to Occidental. In Occidental, go STRAIGHT through the first stop sign in Occidental, and at the second stop turn LEFT onto Bohemian Highway, go to the next stop sign and turn RIGHT (uphill) onto Coleman Valley Road and follow the directions above. The driving time is approximately the same.
Directions from the north: From Hwy. 101 South take the Highway 12 WEST exit. Follow for several miles and at the first stop light turn RIGHT onto FULTON Road. Get in the left lane and make an immediate LEFT onto OCCIDENTAL ROAD. Follow all the way to Occidental, approximately 10 miles. Go STRAIGHT through the first stop sign in Occidental, and at the second stop sign turn LEFT onto the Bohemian Highway, then RIGHT onto Coleman Valley Road and follow the directions above.
Middle School Students Take on New Challenges
The AVID students from Lawrence Cook Middle School in Santa Rosa joined 25 leadership students to take on the challenges of the Four Winds Ropes Course. With AVID’s emphasis on collaboration, this was a perfect opportunity to build the sense of community that would make AVID a success . . . the day-long experience helped students get acquainted with their new AVID classmates, raise self-esteem, and create a "can-do" attitude. Students engaged in trust-building and team-building activities throughout the day . . . In reflecting on the day, students commented that they came home with new friends and a feeling of tremendous accomplishment. They remarked that they surprised themselves by taking such risks and they appreciated their classmates' support and encouragement.
—Sonoma County Office of Education.View Larger Map
Note: This Google map may not function once you pass Occidental.
Please refer to the instructions and map above.